Women’s Summer League Rules
*Updated May 2022*
▪ All players must have goggles, mouth guard, and NO jewelry.
▪ All players must sign in at the table prior to playing in any games.
▪ Games are 20 min halves running time, with a 5 min half time. Game clock will start on time.
▪ There is no cross-rostering allowed (with exception of goalies- see below for more info). If a team does not have enough players, they may play the game down or they may forfeit the game. If a team forfeits, the game may still be played using any registered players present. Both teams must agree on this before the start of the game!
- New 2022 Rule Change: goalies may play for multiple teams without it resulting in a forfeit as long as the goalie is registered with the league.
▪ Any game called in a forfeit will be marked as a 1-0 victory for the winning team.
▪ Games will be played on a Crossfield (short field)
▪ The draw will only be taken at the start of each half. A center circle is not lined on the field. Players not taking the draw must stand inside the 12-meter fan to start.
▪ Teams are allowed ONE time-out (1min.) the clock will stop. The team calling time out needs to have possession of the ball. Play will resume at the spot of the ball. Any player may start with the ball unless there was a penalty. During extreme heat, mandatory water breaks will take place of team timeouts.
▪ Goalies will clear the ball after a save AND after a goal. The officials will not start the 10-second count until the goalie has possession of the ball from out of the net (only on a goal), every effort must be made to get the ball quickly so we can keep the game moving.
▪ Any game ending in a tie will go into a one 3-minute sudden victory overtime.
▪ NCAA Rules will apply with a few exceptions:
No stick check after goals
Offside – only 5 attack and 6 defensive players (including goalie) may cross the restraining line (2 players must stay behind the restraining line when playing full strength). During a penalty situation (green, yellow, or red card), that team must play down a player on both offensive and defensive ends.
No Possession Clock