IMLAX High School Freshman/Sophomore – Spring 2021
IMLAX will be sponsoring High School Fresh/Soph options for the 2021 Spring Season .
With the new state of High School lacrosse governed by the UHSAA we are finding that the opportunity for freshman and sophomore players to participate with their high school program may be limited. Many school districts will only be allowed to sponsor a maximum of two teams under their high school umbrella (i.e. Varsity and JV), along with other roster limitations. While there are still some unknowns at this time, IMLAX is prepared to offer an option for these players.
IMLAX F/S League is meant to be an excellent opportunity for our high school lacrosse community to:
- recruit new players
- develop Players - let's worry about getting better and less about winning
- improve Coaches
- train Officials
- provide additional opportunities to all players at all levels
- We encourage all teams/programs to support this league and their own F/S players.
- We hope this league will provide many players who may not have made their JV/Varsity teams as underclassmen to continue playing the sport and not get left behind.
Eligible Players & Teams:
Fresh/Soph Players - 9th & 10th Graders ONLY - no exceptions
Players will not be allowed to participate with both a JV or Varsity and F/S team due to UHSAA rules
Only players who did not make their high schools JV or Varsity team, and who are currently in the 9th or 10th grade will be eligible for this league
1. These teams will operate under the IMLAX Recreational Lacrosse League.
2. Programs may combine with neighboring program(s) to field a combo team for the league
a. Programs should begin to assess numbers and start discussions, as necessary, with adjacent programs prior to registering a team
NOTE: Teams may be comprised of players from multiple programs to form a F/S team in this league! Please communicate with surrounding programs if you do not have enough players from your own program OR can take on other players from the surrounding area. We want to provide every player the opportunity to play lacrosse that wants to!!
3. Players will then register through IMLAX for the appropriate F/S team based on their current high school boundary area, or the combo team that includes their boundary area high school
*It is recommended and encouraged that any teams/programs participating in this league coordinate to run a F/S team under either their affiliated youth program OR HS parent board as these teams cannot have direct affiliation with the high school teams per UHSAA regulations*
· IMLAX will administer team and player registrations through the IMLAX website.
· IMLAX will provide First Aid/Trainer for games.
· IMLAX will provide all field equipment, set-up & take-down
· IMLAX will line all game fields if needed
· IMLAX will create Game Schedule that will be posted ONLINE via the www.imlaxutah.org website
· IMLAX will coordinate, assign, and pay for ULOA for Officials
· 8 - 10 games - $170 per player (includes a USL Membership)
o Number of games dependent on # participating teams
o Full 12-minute stop time quarter games officiated under NFHS rules
· Season will run from March 27th (1st game date) through May 29th
· Games will generally be scheduled in the afternoons on Saturdays
o *programs may request 1 weekend off to accommodate spring break*
o We may consolidate venues for our Saturday IMLAX F/S Games
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Register a F/S Team with IMLAX
Step 1: FILL OUT FORM (click on or use the following link)
Click Here to Register a F/S Team
· Minimum 15 registered players to field team
o Team Registration Opens January 13th 2021
o Team Registration Closes March 8th 2021
Step 2: IMLAX will program your team into your High School F/S Player Registration.
Step 3: PLAYERS will then register ONLINE.
o Player Registration will run from February 1st – March 13th ($170/player)
Step 4: IMLAX will provide you with a ROSTER REPORT of Registered Players.
· Programs are responsible for securing their own coaches for this league
PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS TO COLLIN
Boys Program Coordinator